Wednesday 17 June 2015

Cherry Bakewell Smoothie

In case you didn't know yet, I love all things sweet. Cakes, puddings, desserts, sweets. You name it, I like it. One of my favourite cakes is cherry bakewell tart. I miss these little almond, cherry lovelies, but not only do they contain dairy, they also have a very high fat and sugar content. Not ideal for breakfast. That got me thinking... could I turn this classic cake into a healthy breakfast smoothie? And by Jove, I think I have managed it!


Cherry Bakewell Smoothie

Ingredients

1 banana (frozen if preferred)
Handfull of cherries, pitted
300ml unsweetened almond milk (preferably organic)
2 Tbsp almond butter
1 Tbsp ground almonds
1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Method

Add all ingredients to the blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.

Enjoy this protein rich smoothie for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment